CS371p Blog: Week 6
- What did you do this past week? This past week I was busy as heck. I had work, projects in every class, IM games, and quidditch practice a few times. I think I was stretched a little thin, but it was a fun and productive week.
- What’s in your way? Lack of time. As mentioned above, I was just stretched a little thin this past week. I wasn’t able to be as productive as I wanted to be and often felt a little burnt out.
- What will you do next week? This next week I plan to complete all of my projects with impending deadlines and hopefully start taking care of myself. Whenever I get stressed I usually neglect my health and stop working out, eating like crap, etc. so hopefully I’m able to get back into my normal routine this upcoming week.
- What did you think of Paper #6: Open-Closed Principle? I actually really enjoyed this paper. I enjoy this series because it feels as if I’m learning something each week when I read a new one. This one was better than last week’s as well because it seemed to answer my questions the more I read and provided better examples.
- What was your experience of arguments, returns, and consts? (this question will vary, week to week) I enjoyed these lectures as they are very tricky parts of C++ where syntax and ordering is VERY important. I had a good experience and learned a lot.
- What made you happy this week? I was happy when my IM basketball team won today. We all played really well and it felt a lot more cohesive compared to our first game.
- What’s your pick-of-the-week or tip-of-the-week? My pick-of-the-week relates to Anonymous and the Russian-Ukranian war currently happening. Read it if interested: https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/energy/the-global-cyber-guerrillas-coming-to-ukraines-aid/2022/02/27/615645b2-982e-11ec-9987-9dceee62a3f6_story.html