CS371p Blog: Week 7
- What did you do this past week? This past week I was able to finish all of my projects in each of my classes. It was really rewarding to get all of my work done a day or two early and then being able to just relax for a little bit this past week.
- What’s in your way? Nothing particular has been in my way this week. However, my allergies have been bothering me a ton this week and they’ve been making my eyes really itchy and tired. This has kinda made me a little lethargic, so I probably need to go out and get some allergy medicine this week.
- What will you do next week? This next week I’m really just going to try and grind out as mush schoolwork as possible. I just really want to get ahead so I can focus on enjoying my spring break and not worrying about homework looming over my head whenever classes resume.
- What did you think of Paper #7: Liskov Substitution Principle? I learned a lot from this paper. The examples were clear and intuitive and I like that they actually demonstrated how this applies to a real-world problem and solution.
- What was your experience of consts, arrays, and equal? (this question will vary, week to week) I had a good understanding of these ahead of time, but I did learn a few things about the nuances within C++ because of these lectures. The most surprising thing I learned was how arrays with a primitive data type that are left uninitialized don’t fill in the values with the default value of the primitive. I found this odd, but it was also super interesting. I enjoyed this week’s lectures.
- What made you happy this week? As mentioned previously, I was really happy with myself for finishing my projects early and earning myself some free time. It was just really satisfying being on top of everything this week and I was proud of myself for being productive.
- What’s your pick-of-the-week or tip-of-the-week? My pick-of-the-week is the use of Starlink to give wifi to people in Ukraine. I found this use of technology super interesting and showed how we can use technology to help those affected by tragic events such as war or natural disasters. Here is a brief article about the event: https://nypost.com/2022/02/27/elon-musk-activates-starlink-in-ukraine/